Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tiny tots

Tomorrow Noreen will turn 1 year old, looking back at the whole event, time really flies. Sometimes when I wake up and felt her tiny feet on my face, I just couldnt believe I've a baby. Its a great and I would like to call it phase III of my life.

How do I feel if you ask me about having my own family?
I would say its really fantastic.

I dread to go work in the morning, especially when Noreen will want me to carry her, she knows I'm all dressed up and she thought its kai kai time. If I put her down she would cry and it breaks my heart to disappoint her. Those bright eye with extra big tear drop, I guess I'm just too eager to pleased her.

When its afternoon time I would count the minutes to rush home and play with her, I'm not sure if I missed her so much or I just felt guilty for not being with her. Sometimes when I'm surfing the net or for example last night when watching world cup between Brazil and Netherlands, we were at the edge of our seats fearing our favourite team will be out of the game, suddenly Noreen brings me her story books and wants me to read to her, I told her baby later, papa is gonna be super upset tonight when papas favourite team is ready to pack and go home. I lied to her knowing after the game she would be asleep and I would skip reading her story books to her. Though these are only small little lies to us, but these lies just maybe major to her. Am I imagining too much now? Yea I guess so, another guilt trip for the night.

Noreens milestone for the first year:

She can walk, but walks like a drunken master, she knows how to take my dvd out from the cd player and would do so continuously, she knows how to off the TV and my notebook. She can open the fridge, the cabinet, the shoe rack and the drawer, she would take everything out and throws them on the floor. Its driving Lita crazy.

She totally loved TV commercials but would be terrified on one particular commercials the Ngiu kee worldcup ads where one fella would shout goals and see 2 footballs bouncing on the peanuts, she would turn around and run towards us and cry. I really duno whats in her minds. Commercial time is also the only time I can have her sitting on my lap and she would stay still like in paused mode, her eyes would be target lock on the TV and no matter what we do we cannot unlock her sight. If we get on her way she would push our heads away. Even halfway nen nen she would stop and watch commercials, such is the power of marketing.

She love her storybook times, especially with some cartoon effects from me, I would show her how a cow moos, how a cat meow or how a dog woof, she would laugh till she fell on her backs.

She love playing water, and will enjoy her saturday afternoon swimming pool times, sadly no other kids wanna play with her, she would follow them on her floats. Poor thing.

She had learn how to blow on her whistle.

She is still a fussy eater, will not want her baby food but will eat most of what we're eating, I guess she wants to be a part of us, she must be thinking the things we;re eating are tastier. Even just plain white rice.

Her 2 upper front teeth is now visible, makes 4 teeth, she looks like a tikus now, and I can see 2 crooked front teeth jutting out.

Tomorrow we'll have a small party to celebrate Noreens first birthday and I've still not figured out what to buy for her, I guess I'll be a boring papa and give her ang pau, I figured no point buying presents for her, shes still too young to appreciate it.

No comments: